Parental leave replacement in the coal team, focus on coal finance campaign
Urgewald is an environmental and human rights organization that has been looking at public and private banks and corporations for over 25 years when their activities harm people and the environment. urgewald research reveals which banks are financing the nuclear industry, which are fueling climate change with their lending, or who is financing the armaments industry with their customers' money. urgewald campaigns address those responsible in companies and politics, encouraging citizens to become active and use their power as consumers. Our team currently consists of 17 people. Our head office is in Sassenberg and we have an office in Berlin.
Position: Campaigner, focus on coal finance campaign
The position is expected to expire in 12 months, beginning as soon as possible.
The number of hours varies depending on the work situation, but the average should be between 30 and 38.5 hours per week.
Your field of work:
- Coal Divestment Campaign
- Networking with NGOs in Germany and worldwide
- Supporting campaign work on coal companies as well as their financiers and insurance companies.
- Support the distribution of the Global Coal Exit List.
- Writing (English) texts to support public relations work and communication with other NGOs as well as political and economic decision-makers.
- Public presentation of our work at (international) meetings with other civil society groups or the finance industry.
- Desktop research on backgrounds of coal projects or companies and their financiers.
- Activist or professional experience in the field of coal/energy campaigns.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Communication skills in German language
- Affinity to text work / writing texts
- Willingness to attend Germany-wide and international appointments and travels
- Flexibility in working hours and tasks
- Ability to work in a team and to work independently
- Loyalty and passion for the fields of work of urgewald
- Personal responsibility and creative possibilities
- A collegial organisational culture
- Appropriate remuneration, social benefits, training opportunities, flexible working hours
We are looking forward to receiving meaningful applications including a text sample in English (does not have to be topic-related).
Please send your documents to Katrin Ganswindt, firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, January 27, 2018.